Composite Technician / Boat Builder / Gel Coater - (Composites)
Join a well-established manufacturing business with a solid history and reputation in their market. We are seeking a suitably experienced Gel Coater / Composites manufacturer to work in a full time permanent role with a small manufacturing team in the production of composite products and components.
An immediate start is on offer. The role would be highly suited to boat builders, gel coaters and technicians that have worked in the manufacture and finishing of composite / fiberglass components, coming from aerospace, mining or boat building / marine industries. Your role will include spraying of gelcoat, sanding and detailing of components as well as assisting the team in other areas as required.
The company is also committed to full training and ongoing support, offering a competitive salary and a strong team environment.
Working Monday to Friday during the day, we are seeking a candidate that meets the following criteria:
- Experience in the manufacture of composite or fiberglass products and a technical understanding of manufacturing techniques
- Detailing experience
- Focus on Workplace Health & Safety, PPE, the ability to identify and manage risks and hazards and contributing to toolbox meetings
- Good communication skills to listen to and engage with the team
- Attention to detail and high quality control standards
- Common sense approach, initiative and capacity to learn
- Basic numeracy and communication skills
- Current valid driver's licence preferred but not essential
Benefits you will receive:
- Competitive rate negotiable with experience
- Recognition for your work
- Exposure to the latest technologies and unique projects
- Full company support and a rewarding, stable and team-focused working environment