Fitter Machinist & Apprentice
We are seeking another experienced Machinist or Toolmaker as well as an Apprentice Fitter Machinist to join a growing and well-established national tooling business based from their new facility in Hallam. This is a full time 38 hour per week role which is spread over a 4 day working week instead with regular overtime on offer.
Competitive rates are on offer and the role will be an immediate start for the right applicant.
The role would be highly suited to an experienced Fitter Machinist or Toolmaker from the Pharmaceutical, Printing, Food Processing, Tooling or similar industries that has a focus on high quality output. The workshop is well equipped with new machinery, has a driven and engaged team environment, and is fully supported by management and their Brisbane operation. For the Apprentice role, having some workshop experience in using tools, lathes and milling machines would be ideal.
We are seeking a candidate that meets the following criteria:
- Must have - minimum of 3 years experience with precision machining, Milling and Turning
- Operation of manual mills, lathes, surface grinders and bench tools
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of high quality, high volume injection moulds, diagnosing and troubleshooting tooling problems and recommending improvements
- Experience in the operation of CNC Milling and turning machines is highly regarded but not essential
- The ability to read and interpret diagrams
- High attention to detail and pride in your work
- Safety awareness for yourself and fellow work mates
- Self motivated and able to work unsupervised in a small team
- Good communication skills
- A strong team player
Benefits you will receive:
- Competitive rate negotiable with experience
- Recognition for your work
- Exposure to the latest technologies and unique projects
- Full company support and a rewarding, stable and team-focused working environment