Level 3 IT Support Technician / Engineer
Our client based in Surfers Paradise is expanding their internal IT team and is seeking a suitably skilled Level 3 Technician / Engineer to join their team in a full time role. An immediate start is also on offer.
For those also seeking a step up in their career, this position offers the opportunity to move into a leadership role in the future.
As the Level 3 IT Support technician, you will be the third line of support for all IT Support related enquiries and an escalation point for L1 and L2. Under limited supervision, your role will be responsible for installs, maintenance, testing, and repairing of systems and networks and resolving routine technical problems and will oversee work undertaken by Level 1 and 2 staff.
Your role will be responsible for:
- Complex problem solving and technical support for software applications, networks and hardware systems for users
- Maintaining, updating and auditing record keeping systems; documents projects, writing and maintaining user instructions
- Overseeing and performing the installation, configuration and maintenance of computers, networks, workstations and other related equipment and devices
- Leading the review, evaluation and recommendation of solutions relating to hardware and software acquisitions and/or network updates
- Acting as one of the primary project members on technology projects with large scope and impact
- Leading research and development initiatives and assisting in the implementation of new technologies
- Updating documentation to ensure best practice
Requirements for the role include:
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT support roles
- Industry recognised technical certifications are highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and the ability to troubleshoot effectively with clients
- Sound administrative skills for documentation and notes
- Organised with the ability to follow processes and manage time effectively
- Ability to work cohesively with the team on projects as well as individual tasks
- Ability to lead and direct staff
- Service/Help Desk experience and using remote management tools
- Ability to determine technology problems and to coordinate hardware, software, database and/or network solutions
- Extensive experience in a Microsoft oriented business with physical servers running VMWare ESXi 7, Microsoft Server (various versions), Microsoft SQL server and Microsoft Office 365
- Experience with industry specific software such as Databuild, OnSite Companion and ArchiCAD would be ideal
- Experience in the following is highly regarded: Kaseya OMNI IT, Salesforce, Reckon Accounts, Xero, PaperCut Print Management, Therefore, Blue Beam, Estate Master and Sketchup
- Ability to perform advanced preventive maintenance on systems software, applications, hardware, networking, and communications
On offer is a competitive salary package, a great team environment and the ability to progress your career in a growing local organisation.