Metal Polisher / Trades Assistant
Due to continued growth, our client is seeking an experienced Metal Polisher / Trades Assistant to join a well-established engineering business located in the central Gold Coast region.
The company is expanding again and will be taking on some very new and interesting projects to add to their portfolio of work.
Whilst we're seeking a Metal Polisher, it would also be ideal for this person to have manual milling or tooling experience as well to take on other tasks and assist tradespeople. This is a Monday to Friday full time day shift role with regular overtime available. Competitive rates are on offer and the role will be an immediate start for the right applicant.
We are seeking a candidate that meets the following criteria:
- Experience in grinding and polishing of metal jigs and fabricated tools
- Experience in cutting on toolroom saws would be ideal
- Operation of manual mills, lathes, surface grinders and bench tools would be highly advantageous
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of high quality injection moulds would also be highly advantageous although not essential
- The ability to read and interpret diagrams
- Attention to detail and pride in your work
- Safety awareness for yourself and fellow work mates
- Good communication skills
- A strong team player
Benefits you will receive:
- Competitive rate negotiable with experience
- Overtime is quite regular and available
- Recognition for your work
- Exposure to the latest technologies and unique projects
- Full company support and a rewarding, team-focused working environment