Property Manager (Residential)
Our client is in the final process of a new development in Broadbeach that is attracting a lot of attention in the market. They are seeking an experienced residential Property Manager to assist with finalising their setup, taking new leases, managing enquiries and then the management of their residential tenancies in the building as they come online in the next month.
This is a full time permanent role and an immediate start is also on offer.
Our ideal person will possess a minimum of 2 years (current) experience, be proficient with leasing processes and systems, is able to professionally manage a portfolio of properties and possesses outstanding communication and presentation skills. You will be dealing with landlords, tenants and other staff members to resolve matters and efficiently care for a new portfolio.
Working alongside a small professional team based out of the onsite office, you will be responsible for the operation and management of the property portfolio. This is a full time role working Monday to Friday in normal business hours with general responsibilities including:
- Effectively liaising with tenants and landlords
- Completing incoming/outgoing and routine inspections
- Complete repairs & maintenance management
- Arrears management
- Assist with making recommendations for rental increases and lease renewals
- Working towards targets and KPI's
- Advertising of vacant properties, procuring tenants, preparation and signing of all leasing documentation
- Administration - Rental forms, tenant and owner file maintenance, preparation of mid month and end of month reports; Trust accounting
The person we are seeking must have the following attributes/skills:
- Experience within residential property management is essential
- Full current QLD Real Estate Licence
- Possess a strong knowledge of the QLD Residential Tenancies Act
- Proficient with property management software
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Thorough attention to detail and a meticulous attitude to paperwork, follow-up and time management
- Strong customer service focus
- Maturity, excellent presentation and demeanour and a great work ethic to work with minimal supervision
- The ability to follow processes and guidelines to be able to share workload with the management team
- Ability to be contactable after hours (if required)
The role offers a competitive salary, career opportunities within the group as they grow with further developments, and the chance to work within a friendly and supportive team environment.