New Point Recruitment was conceived in 2009 when founder, David Ford noticed a service delivery gap in the recruitment market across the Gold Coast, Brisbane and Northern NSW regions. Looking at the market, there were recruiters there of course, but nothing he felt comfortable using himself – something was missing.
That’s where New Point Recruitment was born. It was the beginning of the GFC, unemployment was on the rise and the economy was hurting. Recruiters that had focused on doing the wrong thing were closing their doors and there was a lot happening locally. It was a ‘new point’ in time, a new point of David’s career and a time to insert a new point of difference in the market, creating a completely different approach to what had been the standard recruitment service offered to Gold Coast and Northern NSW employers and job seekers.
Our values focus on integrity, transparency, commitment and being agile in the market to act swiftly and ethically to become a trusted business partner and fulfill your recruitment and business requirements. Our values have shaped our agency towards being the premier recruitment service provider in the Gold Coast and Northern NSW regions. Our primary point of difference in the market is that we respect your business far more than achieving any sales target.
Our interest, knowledge and understanding of business combined with our ability to see and assess risk and understand people and their motivators, makes us the ideal agency to manage your recruitment process for you.
What we are continually striving to do at New Point Recruitment is help businesses connect with good people that will make a positive impact on their company. The flow on effect for that is a thriving market for the Gold Coast and surrounding regions, further employment opportunities and business owners and their staff enjoying their place of work. It sounds really simple however it is quite complex and requires a focus on candidate attraction strategies, the delivery of sound recruitment processes, an excellent understanding of businesses and a good understanding of our current job market. We have found success in what we do and achieve results for our clients. Our goal, at New Point, is to deliver better recruitment outcomes for our clients. We achieve this through sound processes, the use of technology and innovative candidate sourcing strategies.
In addition to our recruitment services, we assist companies with HR consulting, business consulting and executive search and selection. Please click on the below to view our business and recruitment services:
- Recruitment Services
- Executive Search and Specialist Recruitment
- Human Resources Consulting
- Business Consulting
Our agency offers our clients:
- Superior relationship management – We want and also value your business. We are interested in who you are, how you operate and how we can assist you in achieving your goals for the company. Our intention is to provide you with the best service and to be there when you need help.
- Transparency – We like to keep things simple. Being clear, upfront and transparent in our terms of business and expectations builds and maintains a respectful and trusting relationship with you.
- Adaptability – We are flexible to work with any business regardless of size and work around your needs and expectations. We are also agile in our approach to make swift business decisions to meet your needs.
- Accountability – If something goes wrong, we own it. We are solution-based and part of your team and always work towards a desirable outcome for you.
- Business understanding – We enjoy and understand business and what makes a good business work. Our service offerings and recruitment packages reflect something more unique and business-focused in the market that get results and help in growing your company.
New Point Recruitment consists of a team of professionals that understand and enjoy doing business. Our experience in the market delivers results for our clients as well as creating long-term trusted partnerships. Proof of our work and the way we conduct business can be found on our testimonials page.
In addition to our immediate team, we have carefully selected strategic partners that align with our business’ values to deliver a holistic approach to your business. In addition to recruitment and business consulting our expanded services include:
- Human Resources consulting
- Workplace Law / Industrial Relations
- Sales Training
- Strategic Marketing
Our region of the Gold Coast, Northern NSW and Brisbane is quite unique for recruitment compared to the rest of the country. Due to our expertise and years of experience recruiting here, we’re often asked a range of questions. We’ve compiled some of our more frequently asked questions below for you:
What does a recruitment agency do?
A recruitment agency can act on behalf of a company to fill their vacancy and also work on behalf of a job seeker to source opportunities in the market. Quite often, an agency will be contacted by an employer (their client) in regards to a new or existing vacancy to search the market and source appropriate candidates to put forward to fill this role. The agency will receive a brief from the company and undertake a range of methods (database and network search, advertising, targeted search) to attract, engage and place a successful person in the role.
Why should I engage a recruitment agency to find staff?
There are many advantages in using a recruitment agency. Some of these include:
- Recruitment is what we focus on, keeping you focused on what you do best whilst we work behind the scenes;
- We have the resources and understand the strategies to attract the right talent;
- We know where to look, how to write a good advertisement and how to craft a message to a cold prospect to draw interest to your vacancy;
- We can genuinely save you time on the process as it is our main focus to forward shortlisted candidates only for your review;
- We can provide anonymity for your company for sensitive recruitment campaigns and to also reduce unwanted traffic to your business whilst you are operating.
We are also focused on getting results – it’s the end goal of what we do and what we are paid for so, ultimately, the result means that we survive as a business.
Does a recruitment agency charge a fee?
For Employers that engage us, yes, a private recruitment agency does charge a fee for the work that they do. There are a number of fee payment structures in the market including an upfront fee for a number of services. It is best to contact our agency to discuss your recruit and the fee structure so that you can budget for this as part of your recruitment campaign.
For Job seekers, no, it is free to register with all private recruitment agencies to look for work. It is actually against the Private Employment Agent’s Act for an agency to charge a fee to a job seeker to look for work with them. Other products and services may attract a cost such as courses / training, CV / Resume updates, LinkedIn profile assistance and other services.
What roles do your specialise in?
At New Point Recruitment, we specialise in these specific areas of recruitment:
- Administrative streams
- Accounting and finance
- Legal (Lawyers and legal support staff)
- Engineering and Technical
- Property and construction (professional roles)
We have a full outline on our Employer Services page for each of these categories